Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The School Bell Is Ringing

After 2 1/2 weeks of sleeping in and 'pajamas 'til lunchtime', the holidays have ended and all my chickens are back at school. There is always a little grieving for me each new term, as I contemplate how quickly our children are growing up.  Last night I filled in their medical forms for 2010. I have been doing this since 1998, when Sophie started school. Yesterday when I completed her forms, I realized regretfully that those forms would be the last, as next year is her final year of high school. How did that happen so quickly? Wasn't it only yesterday the little girl in the long dress, big hat and floppy shoes started school? Thankfully she still likes to dress up and play. And hanging out with her drama gang means there is no shortage of opportunities to bring a scene to life with the greatest dramatic flair!





















This is a recent photo of Sophie and her friends slipping into character with 2 other 'dramatic figures' at Sovereign Hill in Ballarat. The discovery of gold there in 1851 heralded the frenzy of mining which was to shape the town and district forever and still captures the imagination of many who visit this historical village.  Thank you Drama 5 (Nat you were there in spirit!) for letting me laugh with you and for sharing such a fun day together. Now that everyone is back at school and hard at work, it's time for me to return to the characters I have put on hold.
Psalm 78 1-4
O my people, hear my teaching; 
listen to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth in parables, 
I will utter hidden things, things from of old
what we have heard and known, 
what our fathers have told us.
We will not hide them from their children; 
we will tell the next generation 
the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, 
his power, and the wonders he has done.