Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Surprise Package
When I agreed to review a book by Kaye Dacus I immeadiately thought of heroines in tea dresses with parasols and sea captains in eager pursuit. I quickly signed on with great anticipation of the historical romance I would soon receive. But when my parcel arrived I was surprised to find a contemporary romance, the last in the Brides of Bonneterre series, A Case For Love.  But the disappointment ended there.

I loved taking the journey to Bonneterre Louisiana, and meeting the Guidry family which features in all three books. By book three, the eldest son Forbes has been voted most eligible bachelor in his home town more times than he probably cares to name. As a control freak first born he's been kept busy with the dramas of his siblings and the family business. The story really takes off when the equally single and eligible TV presenter Alaine Delaroix captures his interest and heart. Will this successful lawyer learn he cannot always control life's outcomes as he thought and can he trust God with his own heart's desire? This is a story of love, trust and family honor, with a dash of clever matchmaking. Toss in the dramas of television and law courts and you have A Case For Love. 


 Kaye Dacus writes "inspirational romance with a sense of humor." I look forward to reading more from this talented writer and highly recommend her work.