Friday, April 13, 2012








When History Collides with Reality


On Wednesday I shared a little about my first paid writing success. At fifteen, a $50 cheque and publication in a national magazine set me on a life altering course. My name appeared at the bottom of the page as the author of words! I couldn't wish for more. Well, perhaps the spine of an historical romance....



My family, teachers and friends all cheered my achievement and spurred me onto better things, and I wrapped that New Idea magazine in plastic and cherished my article within.


I am so glad there's no 1980's celebrity on the cover. As a lover of history, I'm happy to have shared my fifteen minutes of fame with a future king. One whose daily life has played out in the public eye for much more than fifteen minutes. 


His every step has been watched on its way to a royal throne, while I get to quietly sift through some of the details of life when his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II's, great, great grandmother, Queen Victoria, reigned. 


While I enjoy sharing this tiny 'brush' with royalty, I'm more excited about an appointment I have with an Eternal King. It's not booked in for sometime when He's free to see me. I'm already in His presence. And unlike my well preserved magazine which will ultimately fall into a pile of dust, my name is written in the book of life. Never to be erased.


Prince William has no clue about our shared appearance in the New Idea. But the record stands in my relationship with the Lord Jesus. It's etched in God's book and there's no better place to see my name. 




I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life
but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. 
Revelation 3:5






Here's another name. Susan J Reinhardt, you're my lucky book winner for the week. Please email me @ dorothy.adamek@ozemail.com.au to receive your own copy of Casa de Naomi. 
Thanks to all who entered to win. I have another great book offer on Monday, so stay tuned.