Friday, April 27, 2012

Who's your Doppelganger?


My Ink Dots guest this week once stood in as a stunt double for Bo Derek. Shawn Lamb can fence like a top musketeer and had no trouble doing what she had to, to pass as someone else in a movie scene.


Others don't need to work so hard. After a double take, people often ask my daughter if she's Taylor Swift. (Sorry, different country, different accent. Same gorgeous hair though.) And one of my son's teachers looks exactly like Rove McManus, an Aussie TV identity.


My sisters-in-law tell me how much I remind them of Anne Hathaway. 'There's Dorothy,' they say when they see Anne on the screen. 


Um.. perhaps. When she's goofy. In those scenes before she has the makeover!


I'm so glad God knows me for who I am. His knowledge of each of us is so intimate, there's no confusion when we look like another one of His people. Because He's interested in our hearts. In the unseen attitudes which define us. Behind the goofiness, the hair and smile.


But what God sees often spills into what others see too. 


A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.
 Proverbs 15:13.




What do people see when they look into your face? Do people say you look like someone else?