Monday, November 19, 2012

Elaine Marie Cooper - Deer Run Saga


Elaine Marie Cooper is the author of The Legacy of Deer Run, as well as The Road to Deer Run and The Promise of Deer Run. Elaine is also a contributing writer for Fighting Fear: Winning the War at Home by Edie Melson. She is a wife, mom, Grammie to triplets, and a registered nurse.

The Legacy of Deer Run - The Year is 1800. A young man makes weapons for the defense of America, still a fledgling nation. He also protects his heart from the allure of a young woman who seems so far above his station in life that he cannot win her.

The lady fights her own war against loneliness and grief. Despite her finery and airs, she is drawn to the young armory worker, who is distant yet disarming.

Love is the not the only entanglement. The nation's enemies are afoot. They creep within the very walls where America’s defenses are being forged. Who are they? When will they strike? Who will survive their terrorism?

Intrigue of the heart and intrigue of the times are only part of this compelling story—Book 3 of the Deer Run Saga. This series finale is a gripping mix of romance and deception, faith and forgiveness, transgression and trial.

Welcome to Ink Dots, Elaine. Tell us about your family. I’ve been married to Steve for 37 years and we have two grown sons and triplet grandchildren that are two years old. I LOVE being a GiGi! We had a lovely daughter that passed away nine years ago at the age of 24 from a brain tumor. We will always miss her. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. Such a tragic loss. I can only begin to image how that changes a family... 

How did this book come to be written by you? The Legacy of Deer Run was the third in my Deer Run Saga, a series that covers three generations of a family starting during the American Revolution. I was inspired to write this saga based on my own ancestors but it is fictional. Although it is Book 3, Legacy reads well as a standalone novel. All three sound so interesting.

What’s the most fascinating thing you discovered in your research for this book? The details about working in the Springfield Armory were fascinating to me. I had never considered all that went into the production of muskets in the 1800’s and I was in awe of the hard work! I can only imagine. Armory is not something we encounter everyday. I can't wait to learn more... 

 Speaking of learning about something new... have you been to Australia?  I have never actually visited your beautiful country except through photos and movies but I would LOVE to see it in person. When I was about twelve years old, I had a penpal from Australia named Colleen Gannon but we fell out of touch and I have no idea where she is now. If you’re reading this, Colleen, “Hello, from your old friend Elaine Mueller!” That's sweet, Elaine. I hope Colleen finds her way here someday and looks you up again.

So what’s on the horizon for Elaine Marie Cooper? I have written an historical fiction that takes place on the first day of the American Revolution that touches me deeply because it was a battle that occurred in my hometown of Arlington, Massachusetts. It is so little known yet played a significant role in the war that day. It is currently being considered by a publisher. I will also be breaking away temporarily from my historicals to write a non-fiction about my daughter. Wow, I'll be praying for you as you work on the story of your daughter. I can imagine that will take some courage. God bless you, as you work through your next few projects.  

While we wait for them... where can we find you on the internet? I'm at...

Thanks for being my guest this week, Elaine. I've enjoyed getting to know you here and look forward to hearing more about your writing. 

***

If you'd like a taste of Elaine's Legacy of Deer Run, please leave a comment below and you'll be in the running to win your own copy. Tell us if you've got multiples in your family, or if someone close to you has had two or more babies at once. For years we didn't think multiples ran in any of our family-tree branches, then my Beloved's sister had twins... a boy and a girl. Such fun! I bet Elaine's having a ball with triplets at her knee. Anyone else bouncing more than one baby right now...? I'll announce the winner in the comment thread below on Friday. Good luck!