Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Maureen Lang - All In Good Time



Maureen Lang's love of history and romance has inspired her to write the stories she feels like reading. Her early writing endeavors were rewarded with RWA’s Golden Heart Award, but after publishing three secular romances God drew her to writing for the Christian market. This began with winning ACFW’s Genesis Award, followed by the publication of Pieces of Silver, which became a finalist for a Christy. Maureen lives in the Midwest with her husband, two sons and their much-loved dog, Susie.

All In Good Time ~ Releasing April 2013 

Dessa Caldwell has a dream:
to open Pierson House, a refuge for former prostitutes in Denver’s roughest neighborhood. But after exhausting all charitable donations, Dessa still needs a loan. Her last hope hinges on the owner of Hawkins National Bank.

Henry Hawkins has a secret:
he owns the most successful bank in town, but his initial capital came from three successful stage coach robberies. Though he’s Denver’s most eligible bachelor, to protect his past, he’s built a fortress around his heart that no one can penetrate . . . until the day Dessa Caldwell strolls into his bank requesting a loan.

Though he’s certain her proposal is a bad investment, Henry is drawn to Dessa’s passion. But that same passion drives her to make rash decisions about Pierson House . . . and about whom she can trust. One man might hold the key to the future of her mission—but he also threatens to bring Henry’s darkest secrets to light. As the walls around their hearts begin to crumble, Henry and Dessa must choose between their plans and God’s, between safety and love. 

All In Good Time sounds great, doesn't it? You've got to love a hero with a deep dark secret. There's not long to wait until this book's release, but until then, here's a few of Maureen's secrets. 

If I could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, it would be... to Australia! I have a very good friend who lives in Charters Towers, Queensland. She's been here to visit me, and I have yet to return the favor. That's the right answer, Maureen! Go to the top of the class! :)

One thing I enjoyed today is…I'm sure I should mention the writing I've done, but the truth is today is a catch-up-on-other-duties day. So I'm tending to emails and running errands. While out, I found some great bargains to add to a giveaway prize for a contest I'll be running on my website next month to celebrate the release of All In Good Time. I love bargains, especially cute ones!

A secret pleasure of mine is…I could live on cookies. Not very nutritious, I know, but there you have it. I wonder if there will be cookies in heaven?

A moment that changed my life is... Learning my middle child has Fragile X Syndrome, a genetic disorder that has transformed all of our lives. It's a spectrum disorder, and he's turned out to be among the lowest functional level, but even if he was higher functioning he would likely still need some measure of care for the rest of his life.  Life is more challenging with Fragile X in it, but I've learned a lot and those challenges have definitely deepened my faith. Bless you for standing with God as your anchor. I bet it's shaped you as an author, too. Thanks for sharing that with us...

When I was a child I wanted to…Be a writer! My mother used to make up bedtime stories for my sister and me, so I learned at a very young age that stories didn't start in books, they started in the imagination. Oh, I love that!

I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but…If you were to ask me advice on how to become a writer, I might very well say don't be so eager to pursue publication. I recently had the opportunity to take three months off from writing, and the time away has reminded me what it was like to dream about writing, to make up new adventures. Sometimes, under back-to-back deadlines, I haven't had time to just sit back and dream. What a surprise, to rediscover my love of writing when I didn't have to do it! Thanks for joining with us this week, Maureen. I look forward to reading All In Good Time when it hits the shelves. 
*****
If you'd like to read one of Maureen's books, she's offering an e-copy of any of her titles to one lucky Ink Dots friend. Leave a comment below and you'll be in the draw to win. Tell us if you had a favourite storyteller when you were a child. Both my parents made up bedtime stories for me, and I also remember my grandfather trying to scare me out of a dark corner in his garden where he promised a big bear lurked who loved eating curious little girls. I never went back there... no way! 

How about you? Did anyone scare you silly with their tall tales? 
I'll announce the winner in the comment thread on Friday.

Good Luck.