Monday, February 10, 2014

Narelle Atkins ~ Falling For The Farmer


It's a warm Ink Dots welcome this week to Australian debut author, and a very dear friends of mine, Narelle Atkins. A fun loving Aussie girl at heart, Narelle was born and raised on the beautiful northern beaches in Sydney. She has settled in Canberra with her husband and children. A lifelong romance reader, she found the perfect genre to write when she discovered inspirational romance. Narelle's contemporary stories of faith and romance are set in Australia and she is thrilled to have the opportunity to write for Heartsong Presents.



Falling For The Farmer

Kate Lawson is a runaway bride

And she's incredibly grateful when Jack Bradley offers her a job on his apple farm. Working side by side in the orchards with her best friend's brother seems like the perfect way to get over her disastrous engagement. Until Kate finds herself falling hard for the handsome farmer. 

Jack Bradley knows city-girl Kate isn't here to stay. Yet suddenly he's imagining a life with her in the country. When Kate considers going back to the city, can Jack find a way to show her that her real home is here on the farm, by his side?

Narelle says...

If I could explore anywhere in the world tomorrow it would be… Alaska. I’ve just finished reading a great book set on an Alaskan cruise ship. We’re in the middle of a summer heat wave and I’m dreaming about snow, ice, cold weather, and escaping on a cruise. I hear you, Narelle. We're watching bush fires not far from home and very close to our son's school. A little cold weather and dumping of snow would be very welcome. 

The best thing I did today is… go to the gym. I’ve been slack in recent months with my gym routine, and I need to get back into the groove of regular exercise.

A secret pleasure of mine is… being pampered at the spa. I wish I could indulge more often because I have workaholic tendencies. Spa time forces me to stop, relax and take a break. 

I wish I could relive the day when I… married my husband. An incredible day that I will always remember and cherish.

When I was a child I dreamed I would… live by the beach forever. That dream hasn’t happened, and each move I’ve made has taken me further inland and away from the beach. There was talk of creating a manmade beach on the lake in Canberra, but who knows if that will ever happen? What a great idea! I hope the wheels of progress hurry along, and make this a reality for you guys. 

I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but... my chocolate obsession at the moment is Cadbury’s Marvellous Creations Clinkers Raspberries Chips Marshmallows (the one with the green label). I have no self-control if there is a block sitting my pantry, calling my name… That's a long name for a chocolate, but I hear it calling MY name now. :) 

***** 

Dotti: Thanks for joining us, Narelle. I'm thrilled the day has finally arrived to celebrate the release of your debut romance. 

Narelle: Thanks for the opportunity to visit Ink Dots. 

*****
Having read and enjoyed Falling For The Farmer, I love that this story is set on an apple farm, and like me, I'm sure you'll enjoy a taste of our Aussie landscape and characters. 

Narelle has one giveaway copy of Falling For The Farmer for one Ink Dots visitor. To enter, please share your favourite apple treat in the comments below. 

My mum's apple pie recipe was one of the first I scribbled down when I took over my own kitchen. Spiced with cloves and cinnamon, it's a winner ~ summer or winter. How about you? What's your favourite? As always, the winner will be announced on Friday. 

Good luck and happy reading,