Monday, April 07, 2014

Tamera Lynn Kraft ~ Soldier's Heart


I'm welcoming Tamera Lynn Kraft to Ink Dots this week. Tamera has always loved adventures. She loves to write historical fiction because there are so many stories in history. She has two novellas published, Soldier’s Heart through Helping Hands Press and A Christmas Promise through Pelican Book Group. Tamera has recently celebrated her thirty-fifth anniversary with her loving husband. She has two grown and married children and two grandchildren. http://tameralynnkraft.net


Soldier’s Heart ~ Noah Andrews, a soldier with the Ohio Seventh Regiment can’t wait to get home now that his three year enlistment is coming to an end. He plans to start a new life with his young wife. 

Molly was only sixteen when she married her hero husband. She prayed every day for him to return home safe and take over the burden of running a farm.

But they can’t keep the war from following Noah home. Can they build a life together when his soldier’s heart comes between them?

Tamera Says... 

If I could explore anywhere in the world tomorrow, it would be... I would explore Alaska, the last great American wilderness. I am planning to explore Alaska in May. My husband and I are going on an Alaskan cruise. I’m so excited and plan to take notes for future novels while I’m there.

The best thing I did today is...Follow my routine. I like to stick to a routine in the mornings. When I start the morning with devotions, breakfast, getting dressed, and exercising, then sitting down to write, my whole day seems to go better. Like you, I love my routine. It's school holidays where I live right now... which means the routine is being messed with, a little. :)

A secret pleasure of mine is... I had to think about this one for a while because I have three of four. I guess I would love to sit down with a piece of chocolate cake and a cup of English breakfast tea and read a great novel or watch an old classic movie. Now my secret pleasure isn’t so secret. Chocolate features in most author secrets. Sounds good paired with that tea!  

I wish I could relive the day when I... I really don’t like to look back. I’m looking forward to the next great day.

When I was a child I dreamed... I had two dreams. I wanted to be a writer and a Radio City Rockette. I took dance lessons for 20 years, but I never grew tall enough or was good enough to be a dancer. But my dream of being a writer has come true. 

I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but...I’ve always dreamed of living in a log cabin in the woods.


*****

To enter to win a digital copy of Tamera's Soldier's Heart, please leave a message below. Tell us if you're given to looking back or looking forward. 

I think I enjoy looking back at the special days we've enjoyed as a family. Especially now that our children are young adults. There's lots of happy memories to shed a quick tear or two over. 

How about you? I'll announce the winner on Friday. 

Good luck and happy reading,