Monday, August 25, 2014

Camy Tamy ~ Prelude For A Lord


It's a pleasure to welcome Camy Tang to Ink Dots and celebrate the release of her Regency Romance, Prelude For A Lord. 

Camy writes Christian romantic suspense as Camy Tang and Regency romance under her pen name, Camille Elliot. She grew up in Hawaii but now lives in northern California with her engineer husband and rambunctious dog. She graduated from Stanford University in psychology with a focus on biology, and for nine years she worked as a biologist researcher. Then God guided her path in a completely different direction and now she’s writing full time, using her original psychology degree as she creates the characters in her novels. In her free time, she’s a staff worker for her church youth group and leads one of her church’s Sunday worship teams. She also loves to knit, spin wool into yarn, and is training to (very slowly) run a marathon. Visit her website at http://www.camytang.com/ to read free short stories and subscribe to her quarterly newsletter.

Prelude For A Lord ~ An awkward young woman. A haunted young man. A forbidden instrument. Can the love of music bring them together . . . or will it tear them apart?

Bath, England---1810

At twenty-eight, Alethea Sutherton is past her prime for courtship; but social mores have never been her forté. She might be a lady, but she is first and foremost a musician.

In Regency England, however, the violin is considered an inappropriate instrument for a lady. Ostracized by society for her passion, Alethea practices in secret and waits for her chance to flee to the Continent, where she can play without scandal. 

But when a thief’s interest in her violin endangers her and her family, Alethea is determined to discover the enigmatic origins of her instrument . . . with the help of the dark, brooding Lord Dommick.

Scarred by war, Dommick finds solace only in playing his violin. He is persuaded to help Alethea, and discovers an entirely new yearning in his soul. 

Alethea finds her reluctant heart drawn to Dommick in the sweetest of duets . . . just as the thief’s desperation builds to a tragic crescendo.

Camy Says...

If I could explore anywhere in the world tomorrow, it would be... England! My trip to England for my 40th birthday was my ultimate Bucket List trip. Rather than throwing a party, I decided to use the money for my dream vacation/research trip. I spent a week in London and a week touring the countryside near Nottingham with a friend and author, Liz Babbs. Much of the detail in the places in Prelude for a Lord were taken from the places I went to during that trip. I absolutely loved my time there and want to go again soon. Sounds wonderful. I made a trip to your part of the world, the US, for my 40th birthday. Bucket list trips must equal a lot of 'significant' birthdays. :) 

The best thing I did today is...Well, today specifically, I’m rather proud of myself because it’s super hot here in California but I went running anyway! I kept myself well-hydrated and went for 5 miles. I’m pretty slow, but I’m training to hopefully run the marathon in Hawaii in December this year, so training in heat should be good for me. Congratulations! What a wonderful achievement. I'm tired and hot just thinking about it! 

A secret pleasure of mine is... Knitting lace shawls with wool yarn even though it’s in the middle of summer! LOL Actually, I love knitting period, so I always have something on my needles. Right now I’m doing several Victorian lace shawls that I hope to give away next month on my blog (http://blog.camytang.com/) for my big release party for Prelude For A Lord.

I wish I could relive the day when I... Ran my first marathon in December 2010. It was the Honolulu marathon, and it was the day I felt healthier and more physically fit than I’d ever felt in my entire life. It took me seven hours, but I finished!

When I was a child I dreamed I would... Be a writer. Seriously! Luckily, my mom was very encouraging but practical, too. She said, “Well, a writer doesn’t make a lot of money, but if that’s what you want to do, then you go for it.” She was just as excited as I was when my first novel was published in 2007.

I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but... I’m an extreme night owl. I go to bed at four or five in the morning and then get up sometime after noon. My brain just seems to be most active late at night, and that’s when I get the most writing done. Wow, that's one topsy turvey body clock. You're almost awake in Aussie daylight hours. :) But there's wisdom in knowing your most productive working hours. And using them. :) Thanks for being my guest this week, Camy. Congratulations and every success with Prelude For A Lord. 

*****

If you'd like to enter to win a copy of Prelude For A Lord, tell us about your most productive hours. Do you work late into the night, rise early to knock off lots on the to-do list, or find you're really humming in the afternoon? 

I'll announce a winner in the comment thread on Friday. 

Good luck and happy reading,